You are not alone, you are not to blame, you will get better.
Who are we?
The Sunraysia Postnatal Depression Support Network (SPNDSN) is a network of local parents who have experienced and recovered from perinatal (before and after childbirth) anxiety and/or depression (PND).
The network aims to:
- create a strong support network amongst Sunraysia families who have experienced and recovered from PND;
- reach out to families within whom a recent diagnosis of perinatal (before and after childbirth) anxiety and/or depression has been made, providing hope and practical support;
- allow and encourage families to discuss their experiences of PND;
- share knowledge, resources and support/self-help strategies with those suffering PND, and those also at risk of developing it;
- learn as much as possible about PND and share this knowledge within the network and with the wider community;
- increase awareness among medical and related professions of family experiences of PND and to provide feedback on regional services;
- Partner with regional health and community organisations to explore ways of improve responses PND in Sunraysia.
What it isn’t
The Sunraysia PND Support Network does not:
• Provide peer support for people with other types of anxiety and depression.